Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
I am not the greatest mint lover but even I have to admit that the fusion of mint and chocolate will silence the toughest critic. This recipe from "Hershey's Kitchen" will satisfy the strongest chocolate craving while leaving a refreshing aftertaste. (This cookie can be made with any flavour chips and all by itself).
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 2⁄3 cups mint chocolate chips
- Heat over to 375 degrees F.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture beating until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips to batter.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellent! We picked some of the new mint filled dark chocolate chip morsels & decided to used them in this recipe with excellent results. I did reduce the granulated sugar by a quarter cup & they were plenty sweet. I could see using this recipe with peanut butter chips in the future. Thanks for sharing!Reply