Mini Omelette Cups
- Ready In:
6 mini omelettes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
Other delicious add-ins of your choice
- 1⁄2 cup crisp bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup greens, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup specialty cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 425°F Generously grease a large 6-cup muffin tin. In a large easily pourable measuring cup mixing bowl whisk the the butter, eggs, milk, garlic powder, and flour together. Pour the egg mixture into the cups, filling them 3/4 full, sprinkle each cup generously with parsley, and top with some grated Parmesan, salt and pepper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until firm and bubbling. Gently coax the frittatas from the muffin tin by running a butter knife around the edges of the cups.
A tip to the wise:
- Instead of parsley, another aromatic herb could be substituted such as rosemary. (I like to use six fresh sage leaves, chopped). Using vegetables with a high water content like tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, onions or mushrooms will create a moister, puffier mini omelette.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've raised my family with great home made recipes mostly on a shoe string budget. Our tastes reflect this and we seem to prefer our tried and true budget recipes.