Mini Monte Cristo Sandwich Appetizers
- Ready In:
16 mini sandwiches
- 6 slices cooked turkey
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 6 slices lean ham
- 12 slices bread (use good bread that is not sliced too thin)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 large egg
- vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
- raspberry jam
- melon (optional)
- grapes (optional)
- pineapple chunk (optional)
- Place one slice each of turkey, Swiss cheese, and ham on 6 bread slices.
- Top with remaining bread slices and cut into quarters; hold sandwiches together with wooden toothpicks if needed.
- -=Batter=- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Add water to egg and beat slightly. Add egg to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Dip mini monte cristo sandwich quarters into batter and fry in hot oil until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove toothpicks and sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
- Serve with a side of raspberry jam to dip them inches.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Did not have golden onion soup mix so tried herb and garlic (Lipton). I loved the flavor of the mustard - used honey mustard - and butter for the sandwich spread. However, I used regular white sandwich bread and when I dipped (fairly quickly) it got soaked all the way through. In cooking, perhaps the heat was too high but the inside of the bread (next to the ham & cheese) was still soggy. I'll try cooking slower over lower heat next time. Great taste if not a little drippy.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><br /> <br />My most used and favorite cookbook is the 1946 edition of Fannie Farmer's Boston Cooking School handed down to me from my Mother. <br /> <br />My most favorite kitchen utensils are a set of Johnson & Wales knives given to me by my mother, a professional chef. <br /> <br />I enjoy traveling to exotic places, trying new foods and bringing home rare ingredients to expirement with. <br /> <br />I work fulltime as a lab technician for a local diagnostic center. In addition to that, during my free time I'm either at the gym, listening to music, tending to my herb garden and/or trying out new recipes & ideas in the kitchen. <br /> <br />I am a classically trained singer and musician, passionate about music. <br /> <br />My favourite thing to do is sit outside in my garden with my husband, a glass of wine, good food, music & a few good friends. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/AnimatedHostChallengeBanner.gif alt= /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /></p>