Mini Greek Meatballs
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup very finely crumbled feta cheese (measure after crumbling)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional, it didn't need it)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl, using your hands to mix ingredients.
- Lightly oil a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- Shape meat into 1 tablespoon size meatballs and place on baking sheet.
- Bake until browned and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Join The Conversation
These turned out very flavorful for us, too. Maybe the other reviewer's didn't turn out because of the type of Greek seasoning used? I used Cavender's and did not need to use the optional salt. I cut back on the oil and used just half a tablespoon and used cooking spray for the pan. I made a quick tzatziki sauce and served with a warm spinach and mushrooms salad. Will definitely make again. Thanks for posting!
We thought these were VERY flavorful! For the all purpose Greek seasoning we used half Cavendars and half Penzeys Greek Seasoning. I did not add the optional salt. My daughter said she wished they were bigger, so next time I think I will try them larger and bake them longer. We served this with recipe #59336 (also excellent) and a tossed salad. The perfect meal for my new lifestyle! Thanks riff for sharing this wonderful treat! I shall look forward to dinner more often now.