- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Heavily butter a 9" x 13" pan.
- In a large, heavy kettle, add the sugar, dark corn syrup and vinegar.
- Stir just to mix ingredients.
- Place kettle over medium heat.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Boil mixture until it reaches 300 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the baking soda. Mixture will fizz!
- Mix baking soda in well and pour into the prepared pan.
- DO NOT TRY TO SPREAD MIXTURE.
- Trying to spread it will break the foam, just plop it in the pan.
- Cool and break into pieces.
- Melt chocolate chips in top of double boiler (a bowl placed in a pan of simmering water works fine as does the microwave).
- Dip candy in chocolate sit on wire rack (or if like me, you don't have one, set it on waxed paper).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!