Mimi's Spaghetti Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 -12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary (crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pinch sugar
- black pepper
- Put olive oil in stock pot.
- Add onion, garlic and green pepper. Saute over low heat until onion is translucent.
- Add ground beef and brown until thoroughly cooked. Drain excess grease.
- Add tomato paste and tomato sauce. Include one can water from each (about 2 cups water). Stir together until paste is mixed in well with other ingredients.
- Add basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, bay leaves and pinch of sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low for 1-2 hours.
- Serve over cooked pasta, with freshly grated parmesan cheese, salad and hot bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation