Mimi's New England Pumpkin Pie
I have eaten a lot of pumpkin pies and this is the very best recipe. It has been on the can of One-Pie Pumpkin for years and years. One-Pie is made in Maine. If you can't get this brand, any one will do as it is the combination of flavors in the recipe that is sooooo good.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (scant)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1⁄8 cup molasses
- 1 cups milk or (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- In a large bowl put the pumpkin, sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg; mix well.
- Add beaten eggs, melted butter, and molasses.
- Add the milk stirring well.
- Pour into a crust-lined pie plate.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and bake the pie for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 50 minutes.
- Take out and cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I decided to try out a different pumpkin pie recipe and have had yours saved for awhile. This turned out very nicely. I usually use brown sugar in the filling but the white was a nice change (and it lets you taste the spices a bit more). I liked the addition of cornstarch in the filling and my pie cooked evenly and cut nicely. I used Whole Foods brand pumpkin (but I'll keep an eye out for the "One-Pie"). Thanks Mimi! RoxygirlReply