Midcentury Modern Ketchup Cake
photo by Aguslawa
- Ready In:
- 170 ml Heinz ketchup
- 2 eggs
- 250 g butter or 250 g coconut oil
- 250 g sugar
- 300 g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 glass warm water
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Mix ketchup, butter and/or coconut oil, eggs and water in a large bowl using a blender or a whisk.
- Add sugar slowly, then do the same with flour.
- Add spices, salt and baking powder.
- Mix well - the batter should have a consistency of Greek yoghurt.
- Grease a pie pan with butter or coconut oil, fill with the batter and bake for about 45 minutes or until the middle part of the cake is dry when poked with a toothpick. The cake should be rather moist.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a psychology student who loves to cook and create new, cheap and fancy recipes for every tired college student who wants to try something new.