Microwave Green Bean With Almonds
photo by ctrmom
- Ready In:
- Place almonds and butter in a 1-quart casserole.
- Microwave uncovered on full power, stirring every minute, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove almonds from dish.
- Place salt and beans into same dish.
- Cover tightly and microwave on full power for 3 minutes; stir.
- Cover and microwave until tender, 3 to 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in almonds. YUM.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These beans and nuts were terrific. I was skeptical that the nuts would turn golden but they did. The butter and frozen green beans mixed with the slivers made a super side dish. Easy to make and looks like you put in more effort than you actually do. The presentation is nice. Even the kids try the nutty flavor. I am changing my bias against microwaving with this and other recent dishes. Made for My 3 Chefs Event Oct. 2013. Enjoy! ChefDLH