Mexican Egg Rolls
photo by startnover
- Ready In:
- 2 cups grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts (I marinade mine in 1 T oil, 2 cloves garlic, 1 t cumin, and the juice of one lime)
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese or 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can drained black beans
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn (unthawed and drained of liquid)
- 1⁄2 chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 -5 diced green onions
- 2 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin (can put 1/2 t more if desired)
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wraps
- oil (for frying)
- Chop the chicken into small dices.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Moisten the edges of an eggroll wrap and put approx 2 tablespoons of filling in the middle.
- Fold like you would an eggroll (directions and picture are usually on the eggroll wrapper container).
- Make sure the flap is sealed to keep the filling inside.
- Heat oil to 350°F and cook just until golden browned (approximately 3-5 minutes).
- Cut diagonally and serve with guacamole and sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My family made this last night as a part of our Mexican fiesta, they were fantastic. I only made one change- we used lean ground beef. I've made these before with chicken. Both are amazing. We served with a queso dip and sour cream. I found that we still had filling left over and ended up using almost a 2nd pack of egg roll wrappers.
Absolutely love these...and so do all my family and friends. Made in advance and froze. Baked at 425 for about 12 minutes. Served with salsa, guac. and southwestern ranch dip. Basically followed the recipe, and then added a few squeezes of lime juice and a small amount of fresh cilantro. Even people who "don't " like beans, like these :)