Mee Mee's Hot Dog Chili Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (optional) or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 few shakes of your favorite hot sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add tomato sauce and water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer 2-4 hours until most of the water is absorbed, can do this on the stovetop or crockpot.
- You can divide into portions to freeze and thaw as needed for your dogs!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for Spring PAC 2013 and DH and his kids really enjoyed this. I did cut it down and I didn't add quite as much chili powder or cumin for the little kids. Very easy to do and one it's in the crockpot you don't have to worry about it. Had onions, cheese and some jalapenos on the side. Thank you for posting.