Mediterranean Pork Chops
- Ready In:
- 1 lb thin boneless pork loin chop
- cooking spray, to coat
- garlic salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (1 ounce) packets Splenda sugar substitute (if too acidic) or (1 ounce) packets sugar, to taste (if too acidic)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes, whole
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, whole
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped to top
- feta cheese, to top (optional)
- Coat the pork chops with spray oil and then sprinkle garlic salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook by preferred method: Foreman grill, baked, broiled or stove-top.
- Place in serving dish.
- While pork chops are cooking you can prepare the sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add red onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the olives and sauté another 3-5 minutes until heated through.
- Pour sauce over cooked pork chops.
- Top with parsley and feta if desired.
Join The Conversation