Meatball Bubble Biscuits
photo by SharonChen
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits (or other LAYER biscuits)
- 8 frozen cooked italian meatballs, thawed, each cut in half
- 3 ounces mozzarella string cheese, each cut into 6 pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce, heated
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits.
- Separate each biscuit into 2 layers.
- Press each biscuit layer to form a 3-inch round.
- Place 1 meatball half, cut side up, and 1 string cheese piece in center of each dough round.
- Wrap dough around meatball and cheese, pressing edges to seal.
- Place seam side down in single layer in ungreased 8 or 9-inch round cake pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and biscuits are no longer doughy in center.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve warm biscuits with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
Perfect food to snack on during the game! Easy & fast to make plus it earned a thumbs up from my 4 year old and dh. The only changes I made were to use reduced fat Grands, shredded moz (it was what I had) & turkey meatballs (frozen from Aldis). I did skimp a little on the labor- I just flattened them out & then added a 1/2 Tbs sauce, some cheese, a meatball & then folded up the biscuit around it. I sprinkled a little garlic/parm on top. Done in 12 minutes at 350 degrees in my ancient gas oven. We'll def make these again - thanks for the idea! Edited to add: We had leftovers the last time so I froze them fully cooked - just wrapped them individually in foil & tossed the in a freezer bag. Reheated them in the oven for about 10 minutes (but check on them - this was still in my old oven) & they came out just fine.