Flaky inside, a little crunchy outside. Wonderful with lots of butter while still hot.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons shortening
- 3⁄4 cup milk, plus
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in the shortening until mixture is like coarse oatmeal.
- Stir in 3/4 cup milk, then add 1 or 2 tablespoons more milk to form a soft dough.
- Knead a few strokes on a lightly floured board.
- Do not overwork dough.
- Roll to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with a floured biscuit cutter.
- Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet at 425°F for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation