Mean Girls Doll Cake
photo by koalipops
- Ready In:
- 2 strawberry cake, mixes plus required ingredients (16 ounces each)
- 24 ounces red fondant
- 10 ounces white fondant
- 10 ounces pink fondant
- 5 ounces black fondant
- Bake two 16 oz cake recipes in a Wiltons doll cake pan.
- Remove the cakes from the pan and slice the cake into three equal layers.
- Stack the cakes with buttercream in between each layer.
- Crumb coat the entire cake.
- Add a second Layer of Cake and smoothen out icing with an offset spatula.
- Cut a hole into the top layer of cake big enough to fit a Barbie doll's legs.
- Place your doll into the middle of the cake.
- Cover the doll's waist with red fondant.
- Blend the fondant into the rest of the cake.
- Roll out a large piece of red fondant and cut it into a 14in circle.
- Cut a line starting from the center of the circle out to the edge.
- Use a round cookie cutter to remove a circle large enough to accommodate the doll's waist.
- Wrap the fondant around the cake making sure that the seam is placed at the back of the dress.
- Enhance the folds at the bottom of the cake.
- Use water to seal the back of the dress.
- Wrap a rectangle of fondant around the doll's chest leaving its belly button exposed.
- Wrap a black strip of fondant around the doll's waist to create a belt.
- Measure 1.5 inches at the bottom of the dress.
- Add 1.5 inch strip of white fondant around the bottom of the cake to create a border.
- Use a sculpting tool to add texture to the fondant.
- Add two strips of red fondant to give the top straps.
- Add white fondant to the neckline of the dress to give the top detail.
- Paint the arms and hands of the doll black to give the doll gloves.
- Wrap a triangle around the dolls head to give the doll a Christmas hat.
- Aadd white fondant to create the rim of the hat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!