Mary Poppins Doll Cake Recipe
photo by koalipops
- Ready In:
- 2 cake, mixes plus required ingredients (16 ounces each)
- 24 ounces white fondant
- red food coloring
- 35 ounces classic buttercream frosting for the icing
- Bake two 16-ounce cake recipes in a Wilton doll cake pan.
- Remove the cakes from the pan and slice the cake into three equal layers.
- Stack the cakes with buttercream between each layer.
- Crumb coat the entire cake and place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add a second coat of buttercream.
- Cut a hole into the top layer of cake big enough to fit a Barbie doll's legs.
- Cover the doll cake in a 14-inch circle of pink fondant.
- Enhance the folds at the bottom of the cake.
- Place your doll in the middle of the cake.
- Wrap fondant around the dolls waist.
- Roll out the pink fondant.
- Cut out the fabric pattern.
- Place the fondant on the bottom of the cake at a 45-degree angle.
- Fold the back of the fondant over to create a fabric-like fold.
- Create fabric texture at the bottom of the dress using veining sculpting tools.
- Repeat the process over around the entire cake.
- Cut out a long rectangle for the doll's top.
- Attach the rectangle to the front of the doll.
- Blend the top fondant into the rest of the dress.
- Roll out red fondant and cut out a long trapezoid shape.
- Wrap the trapezoid shape around the doll's waist.
- Roll out white fondant and cut out a circle using a cookie cutter.
- Fold over one of the edges to create a collar.
- Wrap the circle around the doll's shoulders to create a cape.
- Pipe out a border using royal icing and Wilton #5 round tip.
- Pipe out a smaller border in top of the lager border using a Wilton #2 round tip.
- Add embroidery details to the dress.
- Add fondant bows on to the border of the gown.
- Finish the doll by adding the Mary Poppins hat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!