Daenerys Targaryen Doll Cake
photo by koalipops
- Ready In:
- 2 cake, mixes plus required ingredients (16 ounces each)
- 48 ounces fondant, in blue white and mustard
- 35 ounces classic buttercream frosting for the icing
- gold luster dust
- 1 recipe white royal icing
- Bake two 16 oz cake recipes in a Wiltons doll cake pan.
- Remove the cakes from the pan and slice the cake into three equal layers.
- Stack the cakes with buttercream in between each layer.
- Crumb coat the entire cake.
- Smooth out icing with an offset spatula.
- Cut a hole into the top layer of cake big enough to fit a Barbie doll's legs.
- Cover the doll cake in a 14in circle of white fondant.
- Enhance the folds at the bottom of the cake.
- Place your doll in the middle of the cake.
- Cover the waste of the doll with pink fondant.
- Blend the fondant around the doll's waist into the rest of the cake.
- Cover the left side of the cake with a panel of blue fondant leaving the front of the cake exposed at a 45-degree angle.
- Add folds to the bottom of the cake.
- Use a sculpting tool to add texture to the blue panel.
- Use a small fondant roller to add large indentations to the exposed white fondant.
- Roll out more white fondant.
- Cut out a petal shape with a fondant petal cutter.
- Place the petal onto an impression mold to add texture.
- Repeat this process to create 35 - 40 petals.
- Add the petals to the exposed white fondant at a 45-degree angle.
- Starting at the bottom of the dress, layer the petal and work your way to the waist of the doll.
- Wrap the dolls arms in rectangles of blue fondant.
- Create a coat by wrapping and overlapping two rectangles of fondant around the doll's chest.
- Cutout and add texture to a small triangle of fondant.
- Place the triangle on top of the doll's shoulder to create a shoulder pad.
- With a mustard colored fondant cutout a long triangle.
- Divide the triangle into 5 separate pieces.
- Add a border to each piece.
- Paint gold luster dust onto each piece.
- Overlap the triangle onto the edge of the blue fondant.
- Add a smaller triangle of gold fondant to create a shoulder pad for the other shoulder.
- Using royal icing and a Wilton round tip to pipe out two borders to give the dress detail.
- Add detail to the top of the dress using a piping bag and a round tip.
- Paint gold luster dust on the the petals on the side of the dress.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!