Lady Gaga Doll Cake
photo by koalipops
- Ready In:
- 2 cake, mixes plus required ingredients (16 ounces each)
- 24 ounces white fondant
- 24 ounces red fondant
- 1 recipe buttercream frosting
- Bake two 16 oz cake recipes in a Wiltons doll cake pan.
- Remove the cakes from the pan and slice the cake into three equal layers.
- Stack the cakes with buttercream in between each layer.
- Crumb coat the entire cake and place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add a second coat of buttercream.
- Cut a hole into the top layer of cake big enough to fit a Barbie doll's legs.
- Cover the doll cake in a 14in circle of white fondant.
- Enhance the folds at the bottom of the cake.
- Place your doll in the middle of the cake.
- Wrap fondant around the doll's waist.
- Use a large fondant roller to create large indentations at a 45-degree angle.
- Create meat-like panels of fondant by placing 2 different shades of red fondant next to each other.
- Use White and Pink fondant to create connective tissue and silver skin.
- Blend the fondants together with a fondant roller.
- Tear the edges of the fondant to create a meaty look.
- Apply the meat panels to the bottom of the dress at a 45-degree angle.
- Use sculpting tools to add meat texture.
- Add texture to the connective tissue and silverskin separately to make the panels look more realistic.
- Cover the bottom of the dress with 4 -5 panels of fondant.
- Add a smaller panel of meat fondant to the doll's waist. To create a short skirt.
- Layer 2 skirts on top of each other.
- Cover the doll's chest with 2 triangles of meat fondant to create a deep v neckline.
- Add gel to the dolls hair and comb.
- Add a tiny panel of meat fondant to create the doll's hat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!