Royal Wedding Doll Cake Recipe
photo by koalipops
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 (16 ounce) cake, mixes plus required ingredients
- 24 ounces white fondant
- 35 ounces Classic Buttercream Frosting icing
- Bake the two 16 oz cake recipes together in a Wiltons doll cake pan.
- Level the cake in the cake pan.
- Remove from the pan and slice the cake into three equal layers.
- Cut a hole into the top layer of cake big enough to fit Barbie doll legs.
- Stack each layer of cake with buttercream between each layer.
- Level each layer with icing. Add the next layer of cake until all three layers are stacked.
- Crumb coat the entire cake.
- Smooth out icing with an offset spatula.
- Begin to shape the doll cake with a serrated knife.
- Add groves into the side of the cake to give the dress texture and shape.
- Round the edges of each of the groves with a knife.
- Give the cake a second crumb coat, and place in fridge to harden a bit.
- Remove the barbie dolls clothes and Insert the Barbie doll into the middle of the cake.
- Cover the waist of the doll with fondant.
- Blend the fondant into the rest of the cake with a sculpting tools.
- Cover the upper body of the doll with fondant to create the top of the dress leaving the dolls collarbone exposed.
- Blend the seam at the back with vodka or water.
- Cover the bottom of the of the dress with a large piece of fondant.
- Hide the fondant seam at the back of the dress in one back groove.
- Use sculpting tools to push the fondant in the cake grooves and texture.
- Blend fondant at the waist of the cake with vodka.
- Wrap both arms with fondant to create sleeves. Leave the wrists of the doll exposed.
- Use tulle fabric and a doll crown to create a veil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!