- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground grains of paradise
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- Place the egg yolks in a container.
- Put in the crushed garlic, mustard, grains of paradise and salt.
- Whip with a blender of hand wisk.
- Add a few drops of oil and beat the mix with, add a few more droda as you are whiping, continue.
- The mixture will gradually start to thicken, continue.
- When the mixture appears to thicken too much, add a little too much, add a little more vinegar to thin it.
- Repeate the oiladdition and blending untilall of the oil is used up.
- Season with more salt and grains of paradise if you wish.
- NOTE: Should the mixture break down restart with one egg yolk, gradually add the broken mayonaise and blend well to restore it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!