- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- chopped fresh cilantro
- freshly ground pepper
- Place the water in a large pot. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring until the onion softens slightly. Add all the spices and cook 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients except the pepper and cilantro. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice or potatoes, garnished with cilantro and pepper, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been married for four years and have two wonderful children. I love to cook when I have the time and energy. I have a large collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks. My daugher and I are vegetarians and unfortunately, my husband and son are not. I am working on that though! I am going to school to be a nurse. I love to read and to travel. My husband and I are going to spend our entire retirement traveling.