Martha's Rice Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- Place cooked rice in medium bowl and keep warm.
- Mix together red onion and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Let sit 5 minutes; strain onion in a sieve, discarding vinegar.
- Place lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste in another small bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Drizzle lemon mixture over warm rice.
- Add reserved onion, dill, and lemon zest; toss to combine.
Join The Conversation