Maple-Cream Apple Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds delicious and seeings as how it comes from TOH, I believe it to be a sure bet! Prep and cooking times don't include cooling periods.
- Ready In:
- 1 (9 inch) pastry shells, baked
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, toss apples, sugar, and cinnamon. Cook apple mixture in a large skillet with butter for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Cool and spoon mixture into pastry shell and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Gradually beat into cream cheese and stir in extract.
- Spoon over apple layer; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Spread onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, stirring 3 or 4 times. Cool.
- Just before serving, sprinkle topping over pie.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This won the approval of my family and chef friend. I didn't have time to sprinkle the topping, this was outstanding without it. Did kick up the cooked apples with a pinch of cardamom and nutmeg. Drizzled a little real maple syrup over the apples too when they were done cooking. Will be making this again.Reply