- Ready In:
- 4 lbs mangoes, ripe (2kg)
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces sugar (120 g)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder (can use sheets too)
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cream (125 ml)
- Peel the mangoes and cut the flesh off the seeds.
- Puree in a processor with the lemon juice, vanilla and sugar. You should have about 5 cups of puree.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the 1/4 cup hot water, and stir well into the mousse,.
- Beat the egg whites with the salt until quite stiff.
- Whip the cream until stiff.
- Fold both into the mango mousse.
- Pour into a serving dish and chill at least 3 hours, or until set (overnight is fine).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a widow, retired, and I love cooking. I live on the coast in South Africa and I love seafood. You're welcome to my recipes (all kinds, definitely not just seafood!) Just remember that no recipe is ever cast in stone -- adjust to your taste! The photo was taken at a rustic seaside restaurant on our West Coast, approx 1 year ago (2016).