15 Minute Mandarin Orange Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 (5/8 ounce) package sugar-free jello (orange flavor)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Free
- Dissolve Jello in 1 cup boiling water, and let cool slightly.
- Then, add to cream cheese and beat till well combined.
- Drain pineapple and mandarin oranges and combine with cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Chill in a Pyrex or other glass casserole dish.
- Chilling overnight works best.
- Serve cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a HIT at Thanksgiving. We were having 19 people and one was diabetic. I wanted to do something that would taste good that he could eat too. Everyone LOVED it. It was also very easy. I mistakenly did not get enough mandarin oranges(got the ones sweetened with splenda). I added a little more pineapple(in unsweetened juice). Next time I will get more oranges and put them on the top too to make it look prettier. The color was wonderful though.
I love these sorts of things, especially in the heat of summer! I used the sugar free jello and light cream cheese & coolwhip. I had two large cans of mandarin oranges and assumed that's what was called for. As I was looking at the mix I thought "mini marshmallows" and so I threw in a few handful of those. This was a nice dinner side dish and will be enjoyed as a treat here for a few days. Thanks!
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a displaced southner who loves to cook and work as a full time baker at a local dutch bakery. My idol is Alton Brown, and my favorite cookbook is The Great American Barbecue & Grilling Manual by C.Clark "Smoky" Hale. I am a self proclaimed grill KING, and you won't see many of my grilling recipes because I am working on my own cookbook.