A 15 Minute Garlic King Prawn Salad
photo by Fit Cookin
- Ready In:
- 150 g king prawns, shelled
- 50 g halloumi cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1 dash extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley (I have used dried for speed but fresh is better)
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- black pepper, to season
- 30 g watercress
- 30 g rocket
- Sprinkle the oregano on to the halloumi cubes and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan on a medium to high heat with a dash of olive oil. Once the butter has melted add the garlic, prawns and parsley.
- Continuously mix the prawns to they cook evenly and do not burn (2 minutes), and as they turn pink add the halloumi along with the black pepper.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the halloumi browns and the prawns are cooked through out. Once done, remove for the heat and squeeze the lime over them.
- Layer the base of your salad with the green leaves and top with the prawns and halloumi poured all over them.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!