This... I got it from a newspaper clipping years ago.. is a "fun" pie to make as well as a conversation piece. I got it from a newspaper clipping years ago.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut or 1 cup crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and combine thoroughly.
- Grease and flour 10" deep dish pie plate.
- Pour mixture into pie plate and bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until set.
- "Pie" will make its own crust as it cooks.
- Serve at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This may be the easiest pie I have ever made! I used shredded coconut for an extremely tasty coconut pie! No crust to make because this recipe does indeed develop it's own crust as it bakes. My pie was ready in exactly 37 minutes and I garnished with toasted coconut. Lee Lee, I love you and miss you so much! Your legacy lives on in all the incredible recipes you passed down to me ~ Thank you for being my Mom : )1Reply
see 6 more