Trash Can Turkey
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 1 turkey
- your favorite seasoning
- Start 20 pounds of charcoal on fire.
- Line ground with foil to extend 10" beyond the diameter of the trash can.
- Place the turkey on the stake so it is hanging 2" off the ground (legs pointing down).
- Rub seasonings into skin as desired.
- Place trash can upside down over turkey.
- Shovel burning charcoal around the outside of the can and also enough to make one layer on top of inverted can.
- Keep adding charcoal so can stays hot.
- Check turkey after 2 1/2 hours.
- Additional cooking may be required depending on the size and wind.
- HINT: To capture the juices, place a bundt pan under the turkey slide down the stake before putting the turkey on the stake.
- Instead of the wooden stake you can also use a steel rod that has had a cross piece welded to the top.
- It should look like a long legged T.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!