photo by sweetashoneyconz
- Ready In:
- 225 g flour
- 175 g caster sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 10 g baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 orange zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and sugar together at high speed and until you obtain a fluffy white mixture. It took around 2 minutes with my electric whisk. A ribbon should form in the bowl when the beaters are lifted.
- In a different bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Sift the flour mixture onto the egg mixture and blend well after each addition. Add the flour mixture in 3 times.
- Add the orange zest, orange flower water and the melted butter.
- Keep stirring with a wooden spoon until well incorporated.
- Keep in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Pre heat an oven at 200C.
- Pour the Madeleine dough into a piping bag.
- Buttered the muffin tray.
- Pip the dough into a mini muffins tray.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the cakes are lightly golden not brown if you want then soft as the in the original recipe.
- Use the tip of knife to loosen the cakes from the pan.
- Dunked into coffee or tea or eat as is.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!