- Ready In:
- 2hrs 40mins
- 4 lbs chuck, boneless cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 quart water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- Combine all in a 4 quart saucepan, cover and bring to a boil. Simmer, gently for 2 yours or until the meat can be shredded with a fork.
- Add water, iff need be, to keep meat at simmering point.
- Shred the meat by cutting it into thin strips. Meat should come apart easily.
- Transfer the shredded meat and sauce to a greased 9x12 baking pan.
- Roast at 400F for 30 minutes, until it is nicely browned across the top.
- Garnish with parsley if you like and bring to table on a trivet.
- Serve with white rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.