Macaroni and Chicken Casserole
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed American cheese
- 14 ounces macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 cups cooked cubed chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons minced sweet red peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In large pan, melt butter; stir in flour.
- Add milk and broth; stir until smooth.
- Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the cheese; stir until melted.
- Add macaroni and next 4 ingredients.
- Pour into 3 quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This recipe was made on 11/23/09 for the " One Dish Wonders " event, and as part of our dinner.Since I didn't need the full recipe, it was made as follows. I cut everything in half except for the chicken. And since SO doesn't care for peppers that much, I substituted the same amount of freeze dried peppers that had been reconstituted. I think what set this apart from other pasta and chicken casseroles, was the addition of the peppers. We all really enjoyed the taste. Thanks for posting, and " Keep Smiling :) "