Lychee Muffins (Vegan)
photo by FLKeysJen
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 cup canola oil
- 1⁄8 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup light coconut milk
- 20 ounces lychees (drained, chopped into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl except for the shredded coconut.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add mixed wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix until just moistened.
- Fill muffin tins, and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking. When it comes to recipes, I usually only use them for baking, and even then often end up changing them a fair bit. All of my baking is vegan.