Luscious Lemon Bars
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted but not hot
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8- by 8-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray. Fit an 8-inch by 16-inch piece of heavy-duty foil across pan bottom and up the 2 sides as foil overhangs to pull bars from the pan. Spray foil with vegetable cooking spray.
- Mix flour, salt, confectioner's sugar in a medium bowl; stir in butter to form dough. Press dough into pan bottom (the bottom of a measuring cup dipped in flour helps). Bake until pale golden, about 20 minutes.
- While pastry bakes, whisk eggs, sugar, flour, lemon juice and zest in a medium bowl.
- Remove pan from oven. Add lemon mixture and continue to bake until just set, about 20 minutes longer; let cool in pan for a few minutes and then using foil handles, pull bars from pan and set on a wire rack. Cool until room temperature. Cut into squares and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am going to use this spot to put some of my favorite cooking tips and tricks that don't really warrant going in as a recipe and so I don't lose them!!