Luscious Lemon Bars
A smaller version of the familiar recipe that makes up to 8 bars in a standard 8x4 loaf pan. As seen in Taste of Home's Cooking for 2.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar, gradually beat in flour. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 8-in. x 4-in. 2-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325º for 14-16 minutes or until set and the edges are lightly browned.
- For filling, in a mixing bowl, beat the egg, sugar, lemon juice, flour and baking powder until frothy. Pour over warm crust. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
While these won't replace my favorite frosted lemon bar recipe, they are a quick & easy alternative. And, I like that it makes enough to calm the sweet tooth but without the guilt of an entire 13x9 pan of bars. :) I served these today to friends & got some really rave reviews. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Vyrianna! Made & enjoyed for the Spring 2009 Pick A Chef Orphanage.Reply