Lox and Eggs and Onions
- Ready In:
- Cut the onion in half, then slice thinly.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over high heat, then saute the onions until lightly colored.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a fork until combined, then add to the pan.
- When the eggs have set on the bottom, scramble in the lox and flip over.
- Cook and scramble until just set. (Can be more well done or less well done according your tastes).
- You can then serve on a bagel, or just by itself.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
hellokitty hello, I have been making and serving this to my family for a long time now and it is awesome! It is comfort food for me. I, too, add cream cheese but I don't make an omelet. Had this for brunch today, on the beach Miami Beach that is, with my daughter. Thank you for posting such a great recipe. The cheese makes it creamier than usual. Diane
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I am a student at UC Berkeley currently studying political science/economy and French. I am interested in the state of labor reform in Western European countries. I love to travel...but with the weakening dollar I have had to make do with living in Berkeley for the time being...although it has not been bad at all! I live just a few blocks from Chez Panisse (hopefully I will go someday...)and there are so many different cuisines here that I want to try! I most recently had Tibetan and Burmese food, yum! I am almost 100% converted to organic and environmentally friendly products...stop buying plastic bottles, bring your own bags to stores, reduce waste! Passions: politics, travel, San Francisco, Paris, fashion, shopping, reading, books, cafes, bookstores, museums, Chopin, Proust