Lower Fat Cranberry Apple Crisp
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 1/2 cup oat flour or 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries, chopped (3 cups)
- 5 cups apples, chopped (5 large)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Spray a 9-by-9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Combine the oatmeal, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Pour the butter and water over the oatmeal mixture. Stir and work with hands until well combined and crumbly. Set aside.
- Combine the cranberries, apples and sugar. Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over the top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the apples in the center are done. The top should be browned and the edges bubbling. Makes 9 servings.
- Each serving contains approximately -- Revised Recipe: 219 calories; 5 gm fat; 10 mg cholesterol; 43 mg sodium; 44 gm carbohydrates; 2 gm protein; 4 gm fiber.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made for Tag it Red! This was wonderful. We love apples & cranberries and we also love crisps (easier than pie - same idea). I liked that the topping has very little butter in it to cut down on the fat and calories. I did use splenda instead of sugar. I think next time I would add a little cinnamon to the fruit mix and there will be a next time. Also, this recipe is very easily halved. Thanks for posting this Julie!