Lovely Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Entree.
- Ready In:
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 300 g cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon spring onions or 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sambal oelek or 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Line 4 holes of a muffin tin ( I use one with rectangular muffins) with cling wrap, using individual pieces for each hole.
- Line each opening with the smoked salmon slices so that it goes up the sides and overlaps a little.
- In a small mixer combine the remaining ingredients which have been finely chopped( you can add in any salmon left over).
- Carefully fill in the cream cheese mixture into the salmon lined muffin tin.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Take out of the tin, unwrap and decorate with lemons slices, olives or capers.Serve with crackers.
Join The Conversation
Whats not to love? Very important to use the plastic wrap to line the cups! But with a little help they came out anyway. I used baby muffin cups and this made 12 little rounds. They were perfect for a Shabbat lunch and would be great for a party appetizer at this size...Everyone loved them so good...no tabasco for us tho and no parsley...
My picky daughters even loved this recipe, to my surpise. They are not fish eaters, but this one will be eaten. I did change the quantities. I couldn't quite figure out the gram to lbs. conversion while at the market. So I got one fillet of salmon and realized when I got home that it was about 400g. As a result of this, I doubled the recipe and it worked great.
Yes, outstanding! We used the smallest tweaks -- a bit of seasoned salt in the cream cheese, used more capers (chopped), spring onions and parsley. Quantities were increased to make 6 molds -- we served it as part of a cold dinner. It was followed by a lovely salad also found on Zaar, and a fairly rich dessert. This is a great recipe, Perfectionist Cook! Thank you.