Lou Anne's Noodles Marmaduke
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 lb ground chuck (I use ground sirloin)
- 3 tablespoons Burgundy wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef consomme (no water)
- pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces uncooked narrow egg noodles
- 1 cup good quality sour cream (not low-fat)
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Saute butter, onion slices, garlic and mushrooms in heavy frying pan until golden brown (about 5-10 minutes).
- Add ground chuck- break up and cook until no longer pink (another 5 minutes).
- Add wine, lemon juice, consomme, and pepper. Tip: Be sure to use undiluted beef consomme (not broth or bouillon). This is what gives the depth and richness of flavor! Also be sure to measure the wine and lemon juice properly, for best flavor.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add noodles (uncooked), cover, and simmer until noodles are tender (about 20 minutes).
- When ready to serve, mix in sour cream.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately (but best if allowed to rest for 15-20 minutes so the flavors can meld, if you can wait! also makes great leftovers.).
- Good with a side of French green beans.
Join The Conversation
Loved this recipe. While it takes as long as the real thing it isn't as labor intensive! I left out the lemon juice (substituted water) and used 3 large cloves of garlic. Will make again and probably add 1 - 2 T of tomato paste to really give it a beef stroganoff flavor. Thanks for an easy week night dinner idea!