Loaded Breakfast Potatoes
photo by DailyInspiration
- Ready In:
- 6 baking potatoes, medium
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sweet red pepper, finally chopped
- 1 orange sweet bell pepper, finally chopped
- 1 green sweet pepper, finally chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finally chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, divided
- 6 bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Scrub and pierce potatoes with a fork; place on microwave safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered on high 15-18 minutes (depending on your microwave) or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice of the top of each potato; discard slice.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 inch thick shells.
- In large skillet, heat butter over medium heat.
- Add peppers, mushrooms and red onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in salt, pepper and 1 cup of pulp.
- Add eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and 1/4 cup sour cream.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top with remaining sour cream; sprinkle with bacon and green onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"