Little Italy Minestrone Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 small baking potato, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1⁄2 cup canned chick-peas, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves, diced
- 1⁄4 ounce fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus some
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup tubetti pasta
- In a large stock pot, melt butter over low heat. Add onion, carrot,.
- celery and oregano. Cook, covered, until vegetables are soft but not.
- browned, about 20 minutes.
- Add flour and stir to form a paste. Add garlic, chicken stock, marinara.
- sauce, potato and tomatoes. Raise heat and bring mixture to a boil.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, chick-peas, salt and pepper. Reduce heat.
- to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in romaine, basil and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and.
- let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Reheat soup over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to.
- package directions.
- Divide pasta among individual serving bowls and ladle hot soup over pasta.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note