photo by Yorky1000
- Ready In:
- 504hrs 20mins
- 12 whole fresh limes
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons pureed ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 100 ml warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cut the limes each into 8 wedges. Place in a jar with the lime juice and sprinkle the salt over them.
- Mix well then cover the jar and leave in the sun for at least 2 weeks shaking the jar regularly.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and stir fry for 30 seconds or until the seeds start to pop. Add the garlic, ginger, ground cumin, ground coriander and chilli powder.
- Stir fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add the limes, water, sugar and vinegar and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick.
- Spoon into sterilised glass jars.
- When cool, store in the refrigerator for at least 1 week before eating.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!