Pickled Corn in the Jar
photo by Rosemary-Kyle L.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Silk and wash corn.
- Place in large pots and bring to a rolling boil for 20 minutes.
- Pour off hot water and rinse in cold water.
- until corn becomes cool enough to handle.
- Cut corn from cob with a knife. (A tomato.
- slicing knife works great).
- Wash jars and lids in hot water.
- Pack corn into jars up to the bottom rim.
- (EITHER 4 QUART JARS OR 8 PINT JARS).
- PINTS add (1)level teaspoon salt to each jar.
- QUARTS add (1) Heaping teaspoon salt to each jar.
- Fill jars up to the top rim with warm water.
- Place lids and rings on jars VERY loose.Place in a cool place on a towel.
- Let it work for 9 to 14 days. As water goes down in jars, add a little salt and fill water back to rim.
- When pickling is done, tighten lids.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Live in the foothills of Nc and work for the USPS.My favorite cookbook is my old worn out Church cookbook with loads of good old practical southern recipes in its pages. I love to cook for people who love to eat and there is always room for at least one more at my table. People who are not willing to at least taste something they've not eaten before kinda get on my nerves, but oh well, it's there loss. LOL