Light Hash Brown Omelette
photo by Nif_H
- Ready In:
- Dice onions and add to shredded potatoes.
- Place shredded potatoes and onion in medium size fry pan prepared with vegetable spray (if you don't have shredded potatoes on hand refer to note below). Keep potatoes separated as much as possible while browning, you do not want a patty.
- When potatoes are well browned add ham cubes and mix well.
- Lower heat to medium low. Pour egg substitute evenly over potato mixture and cook till almost set. Turn mixture over (it will not turn easily or neatly but after turning simply spread with spatula to an even round shape).
- When eggs are set well tear cheese slice into strips and lay across one half of the omelet. Fold omelet in half over the cheese slice and serve.
- NOTE: No cooked potatoes on hand? Microwave a potato for about 2-3 minutes. Slice in half lengthwise and place in cold water for about 2-3 minutes. Shred each half without peeling. Keep the peel against your palm while shredding and most of the peel will remain in your hand. Discard the peel and continue with recipe.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Another delicious recipe from Chef Larz! I made this exactly as listed, including the instructions in step 6 for shredding the potatoes. Terrific method! I had no problem flipping it because I ran the spatula under it and slid it on to a plate and then flipped it into the pan by putting the pan over the plate. This large omelette counted as 5 WW pts. and will be made again! Theother nice thing about this is that you can add whatever you want to it - sauteed veggies, spinach, other cheeses, etc. Made this for my adopted chef for this round of Pick A Chef. Thanks Chef Larz! :)
This omelette was just delicious! I made 2 of them, working 2 pans at a time and they both turned out wonderfully. I used some shredded cheese instead of a cheese slice because I was out of them. My husband and I really liked these, and since we still have some ham & hashbrowns my husband has requested these again soon. Thanks so much for posting! Made for Theirs, Yours, & Mine Photo Tag.