Light Breakfast Burrito
photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped canned green chili, drained
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon shredded fat-free monterey jack cheese
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash liquid hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 10 inches 98% fat free tortillas, warmed
- Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook the onion and chiles in the skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg substitute, cheese, pepper, and Tabasco (if using).
- Pour into skillet and scramble for 3 to 4 minutes, until the eggs are done to taste, but not dry.
- Place the egg mixture along one-third of the tortilla, about 2 inches away from the bottom. Fold up the lower edge, then roll from the side to form a burrito.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used 2 eggs and a small red fresh chilli and omitted the tabasco for as it was it packed plenty of punch that chilli was hot and I used a wholegrain wrap as I have a heap in the freezer but no tortillas, thank you Annacia for a great, filling and full of flavour breakfast, made for Went to Market tag game.
A nice healthy egg burrito that makes a quick and easy start to the day! I made one minor change in that I used a little fresh jalapeno instead of canned because I had it on hand, but no other changes. Really appreciated that this was already scaled to feed one and was a heart healthy recipe. Thanks for the post.
Great egg burrito! I left out the onions and used regular eggs, otherwise made as directed. I liked cooking the cheese in with the egg (instead of putting it on top). I used a lowfat whole wheat tortilla. Great for breakfast too but I enjoyed this for lunch with some fresh fruit. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
see 1 more reviews