photo by threeovens
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 3 minutes; drain well, and set aside.
- Saute chopped onion in butter in a large skillet over medium heat until tender.
- Add lemon rind, lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Add potatoes and stir gently to combine.
- Spoon potato mixture into a lightly greased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 375 for 50 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this for dinner tonight and it was the perfect accompaniment to our baked salmon dish. I believe the brief boiling gives a softer texture to the potatoes after baking them. The lemon gave it a very fresh flavor and I also added some fresh chopped parsley for some added color. Thanks very much for posting.