Lemon-Poppy Seed Loaf
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees F.
- Butter and flour small loaf pan.
- Combine sugar and eggs in large bowl and beat until very light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in milk.
- Add butter and lemon and vanilla extracts and combine well.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir to blend.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake about 50-60 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Pour lemon syrup over and allow to cool about 10 minutes.
- Turn out of loaf pan and cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This loaf is moist, flavorful and gorgeous. I believe I had an air pocket in my loaf and the center fell, but that was totally my fault... Im usually very good about making sure everything is prepared and ready to go but I made this in a bit of a rush and I guess ya flop when you rush! LOL Its delicious. I recommend this to all!