Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 325°F Lightly grease 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in mixer bowl; blend well.,.
- Beat milk, eggs, and vanilla together in small bowl. Add half of egg mixture together with butter to dry ingredients and beat at medium speed for 1 minute, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Pour in remaining egg mixture and beat 1 minute.
- Stir in the poppy seeds and lemon rind. Spoon batter into pan. (the pan will be more than 3/4 full).
- Bake at 325F for 65-75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Prepare lemon glaze while cake is baking.
- GLAZE: Heat sugar and lemon juice in small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Pierce top of cake with fork or toothpick immediately after baking.
- Brush glaze over hot cake while still in the pan.
- Cool in rack for 15 minutes, then remove form pan, Cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.