Lemon-Herb Beef Pot Roast
This is my favorite pot roast recipe.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups baby carrots, peeled
- 1 lb small red potato, cut in half
- 1 medium onion, cut in 6 wedges
- Combine garlic, lemon pepper, and 1 teaspoon of basil.
- Press evenly into surface of beef.
- In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Brown beef evenly.
- Pour off drippings.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Cover tightly and simmer 2 hours.
- Add vegetables. Cover and continue cooking 40 to 45 minutes or until the beef and vegetables are tender.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and 1/2 teaspoon basil.
- Bring to a boil and cook and stir until thickened.
- Serve sauce with pot roast and vegetables.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION