Lemon Glazed Cake the Best Ever
photo by The Real Cake Baker
- Ready In:
1 13x9 in pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon of grated lemon zest
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
lemon butter frosting
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon of grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 13x9 inch pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and lemon zest. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and lemon extract. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Lemon Glaze: Within 10 minutes of the finish of baking the cake, begin the glaze. Put all of the ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a boil stirring frequently. Once the galze begin to turn white and foamy stir and remove from the heat. Remove the cake from the oven and begin to immediately poke holes in the cake with a toothpick. The more wholes, the more glaze gets through the cake. Slowly pour the glaze sauce over the cake covering the holes. Allow the cake to cool completly.
- To make frosting: In large bowl, beat butter and grated lemon zest together for about 2 to 3 minutes, add confectioners' sugar and lemon juice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fabulous! Sublime! This cake is simply delicious! The sponge is light with a lovely buttery flavour and yet dense enough to soak up the syrup without becoming too wet. I put the mixture in 2 x 9'' round pans & spread the frosting between layers & on top. I used the juice & zest of one lemon in the cake with no extract, and the juice of one lemon in the glaze and juice & zest of 1 lemon in the frosting - we love the lemony flavour! My 3 kids just said ''Perfect''! Thanks TRCB this is a real winner.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Known for our $2,500 award winning "Butter Pecan Caramel Cheesecake", but we do so much more. We do what most bakeries don't do any more. We offer a wide variety of made to order baked goods all made from scratch. Can you imagine, old fashioned baking like your great-grandmother use to do. Who does that?......We do! Call us today! Offering a delectable assortment of made to order desserts from cheesecakes to candy you can not go wrong choosing us for all of your baking or party needs. We also cater all events large and small. Bon app?tit!