Lemon Cake Roll
photo by Donna Luckadoo
- Ready In:
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick and smooth.
- Add water.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture just until moistened.
- Line a greased 15X10 inch baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper.
- Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto a kitchen towel.
- Gently peel off the waxed paper.
- Beginning with short side, roll up cake, jelly roll style.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, egg, water and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook and stir 1 minute longer until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- Unroll cake; spread cooled filling to within 1 inch of edges.
- Roll up again.
- Cover and chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle with powedered sugar before serving, if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the Kansas City area and have many hobbies including cooking, reading and spending time with my husband and two children who are very active in sports now. I also have an eBay business which is a fun hobby that makes a little extra money! My interest in cooking focuses on making healthy dishes that are more satisfying than the higher fat and higher sugar versions. If I had a month off with no responsibilities, I would spend it at a luxury spa. <br /> <br /></p>